From:
Terri Pannett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:00:59 -0700
Another drawback of handhelds is you must buy an external mike or
voice-activated headset so you can keep the radio flat on the table.  This
is especially true if you plan to handle traffice or be a net control
station.

The drawback of a mobile is you must have some sort of battery backup so you
can use it when there's no electricity.

I use both a mobile and a handheld.  I've got the Kenwood TMG707a and an old
Icom 02at.

Terri, Amateur Radio call sign KF6CA.  Army MARS call sign AAT9PX,
California