From:
Gery Gaubert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 23:26:43 -0500
I have picked up a Radio Shack 2 meter rig.  HTX-212.  It seems with some
sighted help and a little patence I will be able to operate this radio.  I
have a few questions for yall that are experienced operators.  I have a
desktop computer, a chordless phone, and a wireless router and a cable modem
in the room that I will be using as my ham shack.  Ham shack, that sounds so
good, I can't wait.  Anyway, will any of this equipment interfeer with my
radios?  I don't wantto put to much in one place and cause problems.  The
wireless router is a 2.4 GHZ router.  I will also use my pacmate in here to
keep track of logs and that sort of thing.  Any ideas and/or oppenions on
any of this is appreciated.    I hope this nesxt bit of info isn't to off
topic.  I have a dectalk external speech synth and an alva 80 cell braille
display that I may be interested in selling and//or trading for radio
equipment.  I still need to get a 2 meter antenna, a swr wattmeter and maybe
even a triband hand held rig. I will consider any and all offers..I'm so in
to this and want to get started soon. In a little while I may even want to
get a UPS for my radios.  When Hurricane Katrina came through here, we
didn't have electricity for over a week.  That's a long time to not be on
the air trying to help out.
The dectalk external synth went for about a grand brand new, it is used but
in great operatng shape.  The alva display has the plasticpeeling back on
the right end of the braille cells.  Maybe 1 or 2 pins don't function as
well as they did when the unit was new but it does work and is a great
display.  I would keep it because I like it but I need the money or gear to
pursue ham radio.  Thanks!!