From:
Keith Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2006 11:40:52 +0100
Hi Walt,

Interesting.  In fact, we have just got used to ham radio equipment
getting less expensive.

Relative to average wages, think about the old gear such as collins,
kw e.t.c.

My ts-950sdx was getting close on £3,000 when I got it when they
first came out.  Taking inflation in to account, I suppose the ic7800
is about the same.

Just more budget rigs around now.

On 6 Jul 2006 at 18:29, Walt Smith wrote:

> That's peanuts compared to what some folks put into home theater speaker
> systems nowadays. I know one guy who has over fifty thousand dollars tied up
> in speakers alone, not counting the electronics to drive them.
>
>  --
>  Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL

> http://www.eset.com

Keith