From:
"David R. Basden" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2006 15:02:51 -0700
Andy,

Make sure your vertical is functional.  Perhaps the coax is
shorted.  If you detach the ground side by unscrewing the connector,
but leave the center pin in place, does the sound level increase?

The third button down in the left column of four buttons (on-off is
#1) has three values marked by a low tone, a single higher tone, and
a double higher tone.  These control whether the attenuator is on,
off, or a pre-amp is on.  Toggle through the settings to see if you
get an improvement.