From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2006 18:22:32 -0400
Hi.

I got the programming cable for the radio only to discover that the laptop
that I've been using to program radios has gone where all old Windows 98
computers eventually go...

There doesn't seem to be a button that I can find that makes it speak,
except for the BAND button, so I'm assuming there is some setup that must
take place.

Keeping in mind that I live by myself, and that I do not have a reader, is
there anyway I can get this thing going, or is it time to press the old
TW4000A back into service for a little while longer?

Also, I notice that Kenwood is quite behind the times as their cable is 25
pin serial instead of USB.  Since I'll probably have to get a new computer,
this might be quite a problem.

Let me know if there is an easy way to get the '707 going, and if anyone
has a keychart, that would be helpful, also.  I've figured out a little of
it, but there is still more that I don't know than there is that I do know.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]