From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:54:07 +0100
This subject seems to have died, but I include some comments from a good
friend of mine who is the senior engineer at one of the U.K.'S biggest
retailers of ham gear.

Quote starts:

The response to the question is that it depends on how you set up the
repeater. Page 88 of my manual covers "locked band repeater" where one
band is  used
to receive and the other to transmit. This is similar to a conventional
repeater where a frequency shift is used to differentiate between
transmit and
receive.

The "cross-band repeater" on the other hand uses either frequency for
transmit or receive and hence either main or sub can be transmitting.
The  choice
between locked or cross band repeater mode is set in menu 61A

Your correspondent may be confusing repeater functions with the  Sky
Command feature. There are restrictions on the ways that this can be set
up
with the sub receiver acting as the control channel.  However, even in
this
mode both main and sub act as transmitters and receivers.  In this  mode
the VHF
channel is set on the Main Channel and UHF on the Sub "otherwise  the
Sky
Command II may not operate correctly"

I hope that provides all the detail you need.

End of quoted text.

--
David W Wood