From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:42:34 -0600
Ed,

That is funny because I got one of those once, too, from the Grand Island,
Nebraska monitoring station.  I called up a friend a mile away and said,
Tune down on the bottom of the 40 meter CW band and I'll send some CW at the
bottom of the 80 meter band and let's see if you can hear me.  He did so.  I
could clearly hear myself through the phone and he yelled into the phone, is
that you?  I said, yep, that's me.  He own a Collins KWM2 and S8 was like 40
over 9 on my meter.  He said, You are 30 over S9 on my meter.  Well, I
figured I had a problem so sent my rig back to Drake and when it came back,
we repeated the test and I was fine.  I about peed my pants, though, when my
mom read that FCC card to me and they repeated letter for letter what I had
been transmitting on the 80 meter novice band.  Talk about reading the mail.

Phil.
K0NX