From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 19:13:42 -0400
Hi Everyone, I've had this Uniden Phone for a day now, and have mixed
opinions about it.  The reason I went with 5.8 GHz is because of what I have
read on here and other places with regard to range.  This afternoon I took a
walk around the block and didn't notice any real big difference verses my
900 MHz phone and I don't know if it is because the walls in my house are
really thick or what.  Tomorrow I am planning on trying to test it again
with putting the transmitter in the window to see what happens.  When I
shoed the phone to my mother we got a call at dinner, and it was in my
pocket while I was down stairs, and the audio quality wasn't that great, and
again I think that it is because of the thickness of our walls.  I just had
my step brother take a quick look in the manual to see if there is any way
of increasing the power, but there doesn't appear to be anything in the
manual, but what I am wondering on other 5.8 GHz phones are there settings
for increasing power from the transmitter?