From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 19:43:24 -0700
Amanda,

CW was way easier for me than learning the theory and that was true for all
three classes of testing I took.  Shoot, my examinor in 1966 told me I was
copying 10 words a minute when he tested me for the novice code requirement.
When I took the extra years later at 20 words per minute, I was at about 50
words per minute.  The written test was the incentive for me.  I really
wanted all my band space back they took away when they created incentive
licensing.  So that pushed me more than anything.  It bugged me to no end
when they took large chunks of my band away for both phone and the code.  I
hated to see it drop to 5 words a minute and I will hate it when they drop
it all together and they will, too.

Phil.
K0NX