From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2006 22:31:11 -0500
    Hi, all.

I just wanted to update the list on my progress with  turning  off the
touch-pad mouse on the new Dell Lattitude 610 laptop that my University just
got me.

It turns out that, both the folks from Dell, and the techs at the University
agree that the only way to disable the touch-pad mouse is to get into the
bios and do it mannuallly from there.

Apparently, you can no longer do it from the control panel, like you could
do in earlier laptops.

So much for progress with increased accessability, eh?

Now, if a keyboard-challenged sighted person needs to use the laptop,
they'll have to borrow the external USB mouse that came with the computer.

On the one hand, this is not what I had counted on, but on the other hand,
it may be an advantage, since now it will be harder for someone else to mess
with the computer and the various settings I have programmed into it for
Jaws and the other software I use.

Anyway, just thought you folks would want to know.

As always, I truly appreciate all of your various suggestions, and hope you
didn't mind the "off topic" nature of the question.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI