From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 22:13:18 -0500
Hi;
I have been enjoying the radio comparisons.  I too feel that the icom
receivers may be superior but accessibility is worth a little something.
As for the 480, I have been very tempted and may in fact do the deed but
there are a few things I don't like.  At one time there was supposedly a
rack that would hold the radio and control head.  Apparently it wasn't
available in the U S.  Is that still the case?  I too am not delighted with
the antenna and power connections.  The microphone plug and adaptor that
needs modification were also considerations.  It just seems like its going
to be a radio with lots of extra wires to deal with.
On the other hand, I may still get tempted this summer.
Rich