From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 19:43:13 -0700
Lou,

Accordin to the specs, it needs 30 feet of rise, minimum, and it operates 80
through 6 meters.  Alpha Delta claims, and you can take it for what it is
worth, you need no tuner for any band and it will operate all of the 80
meter band, so there is something I would like to see.  It is self
contained, needs no assembly, needs no extra parts, except for your coax
fed, and all you have to do is sqrew on your coax.  There is a modification,
if you are unable to fit the entire 135 feet in the yard, whereby you can
remove something like 67 or 68 feet of wire.  This allows you to work the
higher bands but keep everything in the yard.  It is fed at the 45 foot spot
and leaving 90 meet of wire off the other side.  It is hung like an inverted
vee.  It is a stranded wire made up of 65 individual wires all individually
coated of PVC for long life.  The balan is a 300 ohm ceiled unit.  The traps
are not the traditional wire traps, apparently, but everything, as I
mentioned comes pre-assembled out of the box and all you need is your own
coax to screw into the connector.  Yep, it is a lot for a wire antenna but
the best I can tell, for the price, you get a lot for your money.  I have
wired up hundreds of wire antennas ans tried all sorts of configurations
over the years but for an antenna the claims not to need any tuner, except
if you load it up on 160 meters, it almost sounds worht the money.  I
believe I would tri it over a trapped vertical, of which I have had several,
including phased verticals. just for a general purpose antenna, it might be
worth it.  You sure can't buy a good trapped multiple  band verticle for
that price.  But who knows.  Talk is cheep and I have no idea if the thing
works that well or not.

Phil.
K0NX