From:
Gale Conard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:25:05 -0800
BlankI hate to tell this story, but, maybe, it will save someone the same
horrible experience.

I call my BnS "my prosthetic brain", and that is not a joke.  I have been
depending on that machine for more than twelve years.

The batteries have been deteriorating for several months.  I finally decided
to accept the suggestions of a couple of the members of this list, and I
took it to Batteries Plus to have the batteries replaced.

Before I found an opportunity to go, it occurred to me that I should tell
the technician to connect a power supply to the machine before disconnecting
the batteries.  However, when I got to the shop, I was in a hurry, and
forgot to say that.

Yep!  When I picked the Braille 'n'' Speak up, it was wiped completely
clean.  It can't even talk anymore.

So, ;if you take your BnS to Batteries Plus, or some similar shop,

Please! Please! Remember to tell them to connect a power supply, before
beginning to remove the old batteries.

And, good luck.

73,
Gale

P.S.  Anyboddy have a Braille 'n' Speak they don't need anymore?