From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 13:15:49 -0500
I've never used nonamplified speakers.
----- Original Message -----
From: "T Behler" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 12:44 PM
Subject: continuing saga with pentium 566 and soundblaster sound card
adaptation

Hi, all.

Well, here's the latest and greatest update on my situation with the Pentium
566 computer, and sound-blaster sound card adaptation.

Thanks to Steve's instructions, we were able to get the sound blaster sound
card to work with the 566.  The computer now uses the sound blaster sound
card exclusively, and Jaws and the n3fjp logging software audio wave files
work pretty well together.

But, I continue to have the problem that the sound blaster gives more volume
with my MFJ 392 communications headphones, than with the stereo speakers
that come with the computer.  I plug the computer stereo speakers into the
headphone jack of the soundblaster unit, and still get very low volume.

I have even tried an adapter from the stereo phono plug to an RCA plug, and
plugged the RCA into one of the stereo outputs on the soundblaster and still
get low volume.

Jim Johnson suggested that my problem could be that I need amplified
speakers.

Is that true?

I've tried working with the various volume control settings in the control
panel under entertainment with still no luck.

Are there any other settings I should be checking somewhere, or do I need to
get some amplified speakers?

Best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ