From:
Richard Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 23:09:34 000

n1umj wrote:
   >lot of departments in my book, in fact Kenwood and Icom are about
   >the only brand equipment I'll buy unless I really have no choice in
   >some things.

Ditto here!  I've got a Yaesu 2m mobile on loan from our
emergency coordinator, an ft-25m and already don't like it's
little display that I can't read at all.  HEr OM programmed
it before he was a silent key and programmed a couple of
widely used simplex freqs with an offset and a couple of
repeater pairs that need it without tone so I've gotta
program it again <grumble>.  My xyl has to look at the book
and hopefully between the two of us we can figure out how to
do it, but then again it's a yaesu and she's a little slow
of movement so it's probably gonna be a real bitch to
reprogram those memories and correct them so they do waht
they should.

73 de nf5b

Richard WEbb,
Electric SPider Productions,