Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:40:57 -0400
Hi Fred.

Have you actually tried to load the dipoles with a tuner yet?  If one of
the dipoles is a 80 meter one, I would expect it to work quite well.  If
your lowest band is 40 meters, then that is another matter -- you'll
probably have a hard time getting it to load, but the 5th harmonic of 80
meters, as I pointed out falls very close to 17 meters, and would work much
the same way as a 40 meter dipole works on 15 meters, depending upon where
in the 80 meter band it resonates.  I also wonder if it would be practical
to load a 17 meter hamstick against the tower.  That would probably be
about as lightweight as you can get, and there is a lot of metal in the
tower -- it should approximate the performance of a shortened vertical dipole.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 03:51 PM 10/19/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>Howard, thanks for the response but I have no room for a groundmounted
>vertical. My wife would never go along with an antenna in front of the house
>and the back has two storage buildings, concrete walkway and wire fence so
>the only way I can go is the tower.  My dipole is a fan dipole fed with RG
>213 coax. I will come up with something.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]