Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:49:06 -0400
From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Oh, hey, thanks for the clarification! I think that cw/data is
mandatory on 30 just about everywhere.

You are, of course, right about the mode specific things. ... The
band plans are called gentlemen's agreements for a reason. I expect
you'd get a pretty bad rep if you fired up 2 KW on SSB at 7005 KHz.
While legal, it might be bad manners.

Yes, the U.S. does mandate mode-specific subbands. Generally, the
bottom half or slightly less of the band is cw and narrow data modes,
while the upper half is phone and image (like SSTV).

Thanks for the clarification on the power limits for Canadian license
classes. I must've read something outdated on somewhere, as I thought
it was a bit odd to specify that the legal power limit for basic was
250 watts DC input, which no one here has had DC input in the regs
since...when? Twenty years at least.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV       | Work from home the Watkins way!
Email: [log in to unmask]   | Your phone and computer can really pay!