Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:19:47 -0400
From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
I'm almost exclusively code and love it! The thing is, sometimes I go
for months and months (sometimes a year!) without any hf, because I
hadn't got an antenna up. *LOL* But wow is it ever fun. And for me,
code is very therapeutic and relaxing in a way that not many other
things are. I know, some people probably think that this is probably
one of the strangest things they've ever heard of, but it's
true...and has been for ages. (I mean, besides being completely
silent with headphones, which means I can operate and not bother
anyone if I like.)

I've said several times that I love code in spite of my best efforts
to hate it. Some people may think that that's an odd statement, too.
When I got my license in 1987, i was 14. I thought the code would be
hard to learn, but it wasn't. When I got my novice, I said, "Oh! I
can do 10 meter phone!" But once I got more antennas, I found myself
on 15-meter cw! When I got my general, I said, "Oh! I can do 20 meter
phone!" And guess where I was only five hours later? 20 meter cw! I
couldn't believe it! Why was I so drawn to cw? All I could think of
was operating phone, but all I found myself operating, mostly, was
cw! It was fun, it was exciting, it required a skill that not
everyone had, I didn't feel like a fool shouting "Lima victor!" into
a microphone trying to get through a dx pileup full of rude jerks.
What's not to like? Indeed, what's not to absolutely adore?! I can do
cw for hours and hours. I can do phone for. ... Uh. Not hours and
hours, for the most part, unless I manage to find an interesting net
or more interesting ragchew. Certainly not a contest (of any sort,
any mode, except field day maybe).

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV : Executive In Training! Watkins Manager #361534
Shop our catalog of timeless Watkins products at www.tastyshop.net
And see how becoming a Watkins associate will improve your family's
quality of life at www.tastybiz.com