Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:35:19 -0400
Ah, Keith.

The devil is in the details.  If they did it right, one might be able to
control the radio with nothing more than a computer with JAWS and a piece
of CAT 5 cable.  But, then again...

Of course the first detail is that I would probably have to commit a felony
to get one of those radios... I don't think it is worth it.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 12:05 PM 7/27/2006 +0100, you wrote:
>Well, I have been doing some more reading.
>
>The pdf manual of the ic-7800 indicates that it can be connected to a
>local area network and assigned an ip address.
>
>So, would this indicate that the radio could be controlled by a web
>browser?
>
>Would that not be exciting, just type the ip address in to the
>address bar and have an html interface to all the facilities?
>
>All we would then need is to make the web page interface accessible
>with alt tags e.t.c.
>
>Then, only a small step to log in to the ic-7800 by vpn from another
>location?
>
>Anyone any thoughts on this, aparte from the cost?  Any suggestions
>as to further reading?  Manual states it can be done but does not
>seem to give much detail.
>

>Keith
>
>- - - -
>
>Keith Barrett