Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:19:14 -0600
interesting story...I have a good ham friend who has an IC 02at.
He was, one day, up on the top of a 120 foot tower doing some repares on an
antenna, and when he was climbing down the tower, crossing the part of the
tower that was the roter, the top 20 feet of the tower rotated, his radio
somehow slipped off his belt and fell around 100 feet down onto a cement
pad.
When he got down, just one corner of the case had been cracked, and the
battery had come off and smashed, but the radio was still perfectly
functional.
He uses it to this day.

I also have an ic 02AT, but i was stupid one day and tried to hook it up to
a power supply and ended up reversing the posative and negative wires and
blew the protection diode inside.
I removed that diode as suggested by a tech friend, and still the radio will
not function.
I need it examined, but there is no point getting that done since its
probably cheaper just to buy another one.
Not only that, the batteries for those things are terribly expensive for
some reason.
73
Colin, V A6BKX