Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 17:50:50 -0400
Hi to all.

Someone might at first glance think that this is off topic, but I think it
is the very essence of ham radio and what makes it great.

Ham radio is by its nature self policing, amd mostly it regulates itself,
and that is mostly what has kept it from going the way of CB.

It seems to me that the way that each of us conducts ourselves both on the
air and in cyber space says an awful lot about who we are and what makes
our character, and like most of humanity there is quite a cross section of
personalities involved both here and on the radio.

Integrity involves conducting oneself in a way that says that doing the
right thing is important even when it is inconvenient or costs
something.  It is daring to be unpopular sometimes when the popular thing
is to cut a few corners.  It is being willing to stand up and say no when a
friend asks you to do something that is illegal or just plain wrong.  And,
it is being willing to admit to everyone that you are wrong when you are wrong.

It seems to me that it is not a big deal for some one to be on the list who
does not have a license, as there have been others who have joined the list
while working toward a license.  But, it is a bigger deal when someone
embraces a lie or supports illegal behavior.  Frankly, for those who have
been confronted with that type of behavior and persist, we don't need those
folks around.

Now, I have not named any names or pointed out any specific instances and I
shall not.  I'll leave that to conscience for each to decide for themselves.

It just seems to me that it would be good for each us to reflect the best
in ham radio, rather than something less.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]