Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 22:55:15 -0700
Hi Simon,

I believe what has people, including me, so upset over this is what Collin
said to you.  We have all had to work for our calls, some got them in the
past when you had to get special permission to test conditionally and all of
us are very proud of what we have achieved.  Yes, I've used CB too in my day
and there is certainly not much respect on that band for anyone, at least
not here in the States.  I would imagine the same holds true in the UK.

The thing is, when you have studied and tested for that ticket, you display
it and put it out there with pride.  If you have upgraded to the point where
your call can reflect that fact, you often get a call to indicate what you
have achieved.  Often we know someone more by his call than even by his
name.  Yet, when you are asked for that badge of honor and achievement, you
are reluctant to give it which, in a community such as this, raises
immediate questions.  It would be akin to me associating with a group of
people and refusing to even provide them my first name.

You will find that if you are legitimate, the ham radio community will reach
out to you with open arms to help, give advice, discuss problems and so on.
But, you need to be honest with us.  If you are not licensed, come clean,
get off the list and seek a list catering to CB in the UK, Shortwave
listening or whatever interest in radio you have.

Take care.
Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX