Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 11:30:13 -0400
Hi Tom.

I don't know about the Cushcraft antenna, but I can tell you with absolute
certainty that the G5RV needs to be higher.  It will work kind of ok at
about 25 feet.  It will work a heck of a lot better at 40 feet or higher,
but that antenna is notoriously bad at low heights.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 10:22 PM 4/1/2006 -0800, you wrote:
>I am having trouble getting on the air. I have a G5RV at only about 15
>feet, and a CushCraft R7 with the bottom at about 12 feet. I can get a
>decent SWR on 10 meters, but as I go down the bands the SWR gets worse
>until at 80m. it is about 9:1. The transciever, a Kenwood 850, works fine
>against a dummy load. The cox cables are fine. I even swapped in a new
>g5rv. I could get either antenna higher with guyed masts, but think one of
>them should work better without doing a lot of elevating. Any ideas?
>Tom Karnes K6FUN

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]