Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:55:33 -0800
Hi Brett,

One of the explanations I saw recently for using an artificial ground was in
the January QST "The Doctor is In" column where a ham was asking about
grounds from an upper floor apartment.  Of course, we've all been warned
against running long ground wires so what the author of the column suggested
was to use a counterpoise on the band for which you are planning main use of
your antenna and to run this counterpoise around the walls, under carpets,
etc.  He then went on to say that if you planned multi band operation in
such an environment, you might want to use an artificial ground to tune the
counterpoise to resonance while using a tuner to tune the antenna.  If I can
ever find one of these at a ham fest real cheap, I might buy one just to see
what it would do with a real ground system.

Take care and very 73.
Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX