From:
Jill Bellissimo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:13:48 EDT

Hello Listmates,

As I was tucking my almost 4 year old into bed tonight, she says to me
unrelated to anything: "Mommy, sometimes when I am eating I get really cold, it
just goes through my whole body."

I was trying to nonchalantly pry her with questions, which is tricky at  this
age.  From what I gather, it is not only when she is eating, it's any  time.
It happens daily.  Sometimes it starts in the right side of her  abdomen then
goes from leg to leg.  Sometimes, it is her whole  body.

I asked her if it bothers her, she said "yes" (which just about broke my
heart).

I remembered how earlier today at lunch, all of a sudden she was saying,
"I'm cold, I'm cold".  I just thought she was tired or something.   According to
her, it doesn't last too long.

Does anybody have any similar experiences themselves, or similar
descriptions from their children with Celiac Disease.

I am trying not to worry, but as a parent of a young child with CD, I am
forever vigilant.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Jill