From:
Megan Tichy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Megan Tichy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:08:16 -0500

Thank you for contacting The Dannon Company, Inc. We
sincerely appreciate your interest in Dannon yogurt
products and gluten.

Dannon yogurt products are characterized as either gluten
safe or not gluten safe.
Our Dannon Plain Lowfat, Plain Nonfat and Plain Natural
are all gluten safe. Plain DanActive (formerly called
Original DanActive) is also gluten safe.

All other Dannon yogurts and yogurt drinks cannot be
designated as gluten safe because the natural flavor
systems used might have ingredients added to stabilize the
flavor that may be derived from gluten sources. These
products are not specifically formulated to contain gluten
(except for the Light & Fit Crave Control yogurt noted
below) but we cannot guarantee that the alcohol portion of
the natural flavor system is always derived from corn and
not from wheat, oats, rye and barley. We recommend you
consult your allergist on the incidence of gluten proteins
in ethanol derived from grains.

Additionally, we now produce Light & Fit Crave Control
yogurt, a product which contains wheat. In fact you will
find that we have labeled both the overwrap and foil of
these products with the following: "Contains milk and
wheat."

We hope this information is helpful to you. As an
additional resource, you may wish to visit the website:
www.celiac.com. Once again, thank you for contacting
Dannon.

Sincerely,

Lisa Moore
Consumer Response Representative
Ref#:827452N

Dannon is a very responsive company, and obviously aware
of gluten concerns.

We should start including this letter whenever we contact
a company about gluten content - to give them an idea of
what an appropriate response entails.

Megan Tichy

*******
*******