ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2006 16:54:25 -0600
Hi guys!

Today, we at both the Boise and Nampa branch of Daybreak participated in a
parade in Nampa.  We spent maybe an hour in several days working on our
float, painting, drawing pictures on the banner that said "United we stand,
divided we fall!", made flags, decorated stars made out of paper, and glued
tissue paper and silver glitter all over the big flag.  There were balloons,
and we wore rubber bracelets and Hawaiian lathes, and held up flags made of
plastic.  WE sat on bales of hay, covered with some plastic, on a trailer
pulled by an old truck.  Although it would be hot in the sun, the air was
cool, so the weather wasn't too bad.  Guess what!  We won first prize!
We'll have a trophy.  If I understand correctly, it's a flag image.  I
didn't quite get what it says.  I hope we are making a good statement about
people with mental illnesses.  After the parade, called Home of the Brave,
we went back to our building and had sandwiches, bits of cheese, chips,
cookies, and pop.  Then we watched a movie until our rides came.  I don't
know if my van was the only one we waited for or not.  Thank you, Lord, for
giving us such a good day!

Sharon