ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2006 11:31:35 -0600
Gretchen has been assigned to take rehab classes two and three times each
week plus drug testing twice a week.  Her case officer has assigned her to
so many classes, Gretchen will have only 80 dollars a month left out of her
paychecks.  She is now giving her paycheck to her youngest brother, for whom
she works, to keep from spending her money.  She had to be at a Saturday
morning drug rehab class this morning.  I went down and got her up, or
called her name until she finally answered me, at 6:15 this morning.  I went
back to bed and awakened at almost 7:30 and realized I had not heard her car
pulling out.  I went down and called her name again until she answered and
told her what time it was.  She went back to sleep and never went to the
class.  If she fails to attend these classes, she will be sent back to a
judge who will either put her on probation for several years and who likely
will still order the rehab classes to be taken, or he will simply send her
to prison for 2 to 5 years.  Gretchen has also admitted now that she has
been selling drugs in order to pay for her own.  Yesterday, she said she had
been clean since last Tuesday, that is, four days.  I won't be getting her
up any more either.  She is on her own.

Phil.
.