ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2006 09:45:52 -0600
A friend was ribbing me about a place on top of my head that was getting
thinner.  Not bald, oh, no.  Just getting thinner you understand.  This
friend of mine has some tattoos so I told him I had a naked butterfly
tattooed on my bald spot, I mean, on my thin spot.  He eventually got around
to asking me the difference between a normal butterfly and a naked version.
Of course, there is no difference but I just said it that way for affect, if
you know what I mean.  So it has been a running joke in the family since
that day.  So a few months ago, I am in the chair at the barber shop getting
my hair cut.  My youngest son, Everett, is in the other chair and getting
his hair cut.  He says, "Hey, dad.  Have you told Louie about your naked
butterfly tattoo on top of your head?"  The woman who is doing my son's hair
is a friend of the family and her name is Sue.  She said, "What's a naked
butterfly?"  Louie look down on top of my head and says, "I don't see it."
I said, "It is very small and hard to see.  You have to really look for it."
Louie starts pushing my hair around trying to find it.  That's about the
time I started laughing and he realized he had been fooled.  So now I am
really thinking seriously about getting a butterfly, a naked butterfly,
tattooed on top of my head.  If my wife will let me, that is.  Then, I can
see if Louie notices it some day.  If I do get one, it won't be a small one
but it will cover the entire top of my dome.

Phil.