ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:48:06 -0600
Subject: Google to hire software engineers with accessibility experience

What:  Google is seeking software engineers with accessibility experience.
Where: Mountain View, Ca. (30 miles south of San Francisco) More:
http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/answer.py?answer=37456

Google is looking to hire at least two software engineers to focus on making
Google's products more accessible to our users with disabilities.

It is important to stress that these are software engineering positions.
Applicants will need to clear Google's software engineering bar (have a
strong development background, etc.) as well as have experience with access
technology, including screen readers.

The link above takes you to the job description and Google's on-line hiring
system.

Please feel free spread this announcement around.  I strongly believe this
will be a very fulfilling, exciting, and challenging position for successful
candidates.

Google is also looking for summer interns to focus on accessibility. Please
send inquiries directly to me (see below)

I'm also happy to answer any questions.

I look forward to hearing from candidates.  You can reach me at jbar AT
google DOT com

Sincerely,

Jim Barbour - Google - Site Reliability Engineer