ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 21:19:54 -0500
I have been thinking a lot lately about words.  I was talking to Kelly
yesterday and told her that  I would no longer  talk with her about problems
she  has, or had with Rock Fellowship.  While it is true, she and I once
felt hurt, I told her if we had truly forgiven that hurt, we  or she would
not continually make a habit of remembering it.  I realize that we  I can do
a lot of damage with my words, some things are better left unsaid, left
unspoken.
God didn't give us license to  talk as we wished about others just because
we were hurt, he said to "love one another as Christ has loved you" so that
causes me to look at  just what that sort of love was.  It didn't keep
records of wrong done, and when it saw sin, it offered forgiveness, mercy,
and love, not revenge, anger, or comdenmation.
I have been hurt by the words of others, and I have hurt others with my
words spoken with out thought or in anger.
God forgive us both, help us all to think before we speak, to learn how to
be still, and Know that You are God.  So often I want to fix the problems I
see around me, to "make" others do the right thing, or convince them that
they were wrong. But You are God, and I am not!
Show me how to love,  a love that sees the wrong in the world and can pray
for forgiveness and the ability to forgive past hurts.  I need to get my
acceptance from you, no one in this world willl ever be able to give me the
unconditional love I so need, if they could I wouldn't have needed You, or
realized that I even needed you.
I am sorry my words have caused hurt to others, that I hae spoken with out
thinking, that because I was hurt, I  didn't care about someone else.  I saw
the wrong in others, and thought I was right. But the truth was we were both
wrong, we are all part of your family, and as such are called to peace, and
love.
Father, help us all.

Rhonda