From:
"Alan E. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:58:46 +1000
I have refilled two different types of HP cartridges.  I like HP
printers very much.  The printers, and the PSCs, at least, (Printer
Scanner Copier) work well with GNU/Linux.  Very well.  The large
number of HP cartridge models makes it unwise to generalize; however,
I have had really excellent luck filling Cartridge number 56, and
color cartridge 57, with Inktek kits. I have refilled an inktek
refurbed 56 at least 10 times, with quality not diminished to a
noticeable (by me) level.   I also tried to refill an earlier type of
cartridge, for the Deskjet 932C, that had already dried out.  I didn't
have much luck, but I think the cartridge was bad or else there are
two subtypes that look identical with different inks, so maybe I got
the wrong ink.  I was able to refill the #56 cartridge several times
with the kit for the 932AC (don't remember the number of the
cartridge).

Earlier on, in about 1992, I tried to refill black HP cartridges for
the HP portable deskjet---a standard cartridge for that time, the
number of which I have forgotten.  I was able to refill using a kit
from computer friends, but after two refills, the quality was
completely unacceptable.

I think the newer inks and kits are much better.  At least my
experience is fantastic with the Inktek kits.  The #56 kit (black) is
10.00 if you look around on line, and I get four good refills out of
it.

Alan

--
Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan  [log in to unmask]     1-670-256-2043

I consider that the golden rule requires that if I like a program I
must share it with other people who like it.
                                          --------Richard Stallman

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml