From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 17:45:35 -0800
On 4 Dec 2006 at 9:18, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> However, the graphics settings only had a max of 16 colors available ...

> I pulled up compaq driver page and the drivers listed for the newest
> machine was the same as the one already loaded.

> So I ask, surely it's capable of more than 16  colors?!

  Apparently, Windows is falling back on the vanilla VGA driver which is
supported by virtually all modern video cards, but has very limited
capabilities.
  So either:

(a) the Compaq video driver you have loaded isn't the right driver for the
video hardware present in the machine, or

(b) the Compaq video driver you have loaded is corrupted and unusable, or

(c) the Compaq video driver you believe you have loaded is not, in fact,
loaded and properly installed.

  Do these machines have video hardware on the motherboard, or add-on
graphics cards?

David Gillett

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml