Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2006 11:28:19 EST

In a message dated 12/2/2006 10:58:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I have  an HP laptop (Windows XP Home) with an S-Video out connector cabled
to an LCD  TV S-Video in connection. I have gone through the 'proper' steps to
display  the picture on the TV (Properties/Settings) to activate the second
display and  reduce the screen resolution. I can get the computer's wallpaper to
display on  the TV but can't get anything else to show up. I don't know how
to get the  icons, or even the mouse pointer, to display on the TV - just the
wallpaper.  It is probably something simple but has so far escaped me. My goal
is to play  a DVD and have it show up on the TV or create a slide show of my
digital  pictures and show them. Any suggestions?

Hi,
  Have you set the second display properties as an extended desktop?  If so,
you need to change it to a 'cloned' desktop. When set as extended, the  second
desktop is more real estate to the right of the primary one (if you drag  a
window off the primary screen's right, you should see it appear on the TV
screen), when set as 'cloned', the second screen duplicates everything on the
first one, which is what I believe you want.

HTH,
Peter  Hogan