BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yes, we set off an A-bomb but we are really sorry about it.
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:10:24 -0200
Brian,

I believe there is a theory out & about as to poor design of coinage and
the decadance and collapse of older civilizations.

Frm Ezra Pounds Cantos (he was obsessive in his fascination over the
objects of money & their relationship to culture -- as an economist he
may be half baked but he is certainly fascinating) there is something to
the effect that an Emperor wanted his people to raise fatter pigs and so
had fatter than usual pigs stamped on their coins. Folks looked at the
coins and in turn got the impression that fatter pigs were better and
began to breed their pigs to be fatter. Regardless if it is historically
correct or not I always consider that this is a lesson in Basic
Marketing 101... if you want to put forth an idea or a brand then
replicate it over and over multiple times in obvious places that are so
obvious that they are under the radar of a person's attention.

I agree the State coins are cool. When I get Georgia it makes me
remember that we have states plus it makes me feel like I have a
relationship w/ Georgia... similar to when I see a Georgia license plate
on a car. The coin does not make me think that it is out of place,
though seeing a Georgia plate in NY State makes me immediatly think that
the driver is probably lost and/or they are saving on their car insurance.

I would prefer NASCAR coins.

Half topless lady liberty... reminds me of the visionary Ashcroft.

][<