From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2006 21:44:34 -0800
It could be the CPU. However, there are a couple of other components to
check: the data cable to the HD and the case power switch. You likely
have an extra data cable. The motherboard/case wiring can be temporarily
reset for testing so that the reset button acts as the power button
since they are both momentary switches. Also, check that the CPU fan is
working.

After that comes the CPU, especially if you have to purchase a new one.
If you can, try the questionable CPU in a known good system.

Merry Christmas!

Tom Mayer

Russ Cox wrote:
> There are no expansion cards and the mouse and keybpard are my test
> units. Is it likely that replacing the CPU would be the final
> solution.  I don't think there are any other active elements in the
> computer after replacing the power supply, motherboard, and memory. If
> i replace the CPU all the active elements would have been replaced.
>
>> Sorry to have forgotten. It also wiped out the keyboard.
>>
>> Tom Mayer
>>
>> Thomas Mayer wrote:
>>> I ran into a power supply failure that also took out the motherboard
>>> and mouse.
>>>
>>> Tom Mayer

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml