From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:52:21 -0500
Ashley Moran:
> If I meet a woman I suspect to have zinc deficiency, I'll be sure to
> pass on this advice ;o)

:-) Sorry about that.

> I have impaired smell, poor wound healing and acne.  ...

Three associated symptoms is an interesting correlation.

I remembered something else about your question re: whether nutritional
deficiencies are permanent or can be reduced over time by a Paleo diet and
supplementation. I used to bruise easily (I would have tan-to-brown bruise
spots on my arms that I didn't remember getting because the bumping that
caused them was so minor and painless) until I went Paleo. The dietary
change reduced, but did not eliminate the bruising. I learned that vitamin K
(not to be confused with potassium) deficiency can cause easy bruising, so I
tried vitamin K supplements and that eliminated the bruising. After some
months I was able to reduce and then discontinue the supplements without a
return of the easy bruising.