From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:45:38 -0600
On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 10:21:39 -0600, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Robert > So it seems to me that getting the diet right is only one piece
> of the larger puzzle.
>
> Back to the disagree with you mode ;-)

No problem.  We probably agree more than not.  :-)

I just said it was "only one piece".  That piece could still be huge.  :-)

> Exercise, yes, is also important.  But all you need is about an hour a
> week of that.  Anything more you're doing for reasons other than
> fitness.

I don't do that much "exercise" that is solely for the purpose of
exercise.  I'd rather get my exercise doing things that are actually
useful for something (hence my mention of digging ditches, carrying feed
or water, moving rocks, and the like).  Sure, I could do those things
faster with a tractor, but where's the joy in that?  Where's the sense of
accomplishment, and the satisfaction of good honest labor?  Exercise for
its own sake is good, but vigorous activity with  purpose is even better.

> Not smoking is key -- as is stress relief -- is avoidance of too much
> caffiene.

Agreed.

> But diet is THE most important item IMHO.

That may well be.  I just don't think it's so important that it should be
focused on to the exclusion of all other factors, particularly if those
other factors can make up any dietary shortcomings.

--
   Robert Kesterson