From:
Sisyphus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:03:36 -0500
At 08:39 PM 4/27/06 -0500, Robert Kesterson wrote:
 > I can eat anything I want and not get any ill effects -- doesn't mean
it's a good idea. ;-)

Point taken.  I was unclear.  I used to be like that myself.  But that was
before I dropped sugars, trans fats and processed foods.  Now I'm
developing much more internal sensitivity, and my gut is a
quickly-responsive litmus test for all sorts of stuff I used to consume
without effect.  Obviously there are people who are much more sensitive
than I am (Jeuxles may be one of them, for instance), but one can only
speak from one own gut.  [ba-DUM-bum!]

On odd-numbered days I think trans fats produce some sort of "numbness" or
insensitivity at the molecular level, which allows you to go on eating them
for years without realizing the degree to which (microscopically at first)
you are actually in pain.  On even days I just chalk it up to the crafty
strategy of "long slow poisoning" by corporate profiteers.

Either way, let that loop run for a few decades in an environment of
intellectual sloth, personal irresponsibility, attention deficit,
psychological denial, mass-marketing and obsessive consumptiveness, and
you've got the perfect, long-term, hands-clean, money-making, weapon of
mass destruction.

- S.

[ I'm sorry, were we talking about coconuts? ]

GettingPrimitive.com - A Natural Inquiry
the new web joint from as if productions
http://www.gettingprimitive.com