From:
Gery Gaubert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 18:15:49 -0500
Collin, where we live if the road is under 7 feet of water we have a lot
more important problems than keeping a building with power.  It would be
like the city of New Orleans.  We live on what is basically marsh land.
For the road to have water the basement would be flooded and fuel would
do no good anyway.  We are located right along the Mississippi about 200
yards from the river.  In all the drills and computer models, they took
the worse possible storm and couldn't get water to cover the road known
as river Road or  La18.  We would be on ht's if any water covered the
road.  The building that we are in is about 30 years and probably
wouldn't stand any amount of force from water.  Unlike us, New Orleans
knew it was just a matter of time before it happened.  You have to ask
yourself, what happens to a bowl when you pour milk into it?  It has no
where to go and without full pumping capacity and levees that work and
hold back the water, a flood can't be avoided.

Gery Gaubert
St. Charles Sheriff's Office Helpdesk Coordinator