From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 16:05:24 -0700
Hi All,

I know this may seem kind of funny for a list of blind persons but I am
looking for some advice.  This weekend, at our club's field day event, I
brought my old Toshiba 486 laptop with Keynote Gold and ASAP already loaded
on board.  However, when we plugged it in, it generated so much noise that
it wiped out 20 meters on my TS-480.  As a result, we had to use my friend's
laptop without speech all weekend.  I also have a Del laptop here which is
running Windows 98 and I have loaded ASAP on it using the Keynote Gold
External synthesizer for dos and TRLog.  But, when I brought it to our last
club meeting to demonstrate TRLog, the screen only is about half size and is
very hard for sighted persons to read.

Does anyone on the list know what may cause this half screen display
phenomenon?  I am running it booting to DOS first for running TRLog so it is
coming up in pure DOS.

I sure would appreciate any feedback since it looks as if I am going to have
to go to the Del for future operations and I still haven't found a windows
logging program I like as well as TR.

thanks much and very 73 to all.
Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX