From:
Ham Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 12:07:43 -0400
I have a different suggestion.  I don't think it is the use of Word as the
e-mail client.  I think somehow, his file associations might be messed up,
causing word to open when he clicks on a link.

Just a suggestion, Rich, try the following:

1) Open My Computer

2) Go to tools --> Folder options, and select the "File Types" tab.

3) Select "NONE) URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol," and click the "Advanced"
button near the bottom of the dialog box.

4) Select "Open" under the "Actions" heading, and select "Edit..."

5) Make sure the "Application used to perform action" points to the right
program, mine is "Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome" ... and
clear out every thing in the field "DDE Message" which is the dynamic data
exchange.

6) Repeat steps 3-5, but for the "(None) HyperText Transfer Protocol with
Privacy" entry.

7) You're done, let me know if this works out.

Take my advice, I don't use it anyway

Steve, K8SP
Lansing, Mi