From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 08:59:09 -0400
    Colin and all:

The problem happens with both CW and SSB, but I haven't tried AM or FM yet.
I run the IC718 with  an MFJ 4125 Mighty Lite switching power supply.  The
supply provides 22 amps  continuous, and 25 amps surge if I remember
correctly.

Maybe this info will be helpful.

As for toroid coils, can someone tell me where to get them, and how they
typically would connect to the power cord of something like the trailer air
conditioner unit?  Also, what is the cost?  Do you need different kinds of
coils, depending on the frequency on which your operating?

Pardon the questions here:  This aspect of things is new to me, so I'm in
learning mode again.

Best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ