From:
Richard Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:56:08 000

k2lkk wrote:
   >Whether or not the TS2000S will do it or not, you are in a gray
   >area as far as the rules are concerned because you are using 2
   >meters as a remote link frequency for 440 MHz, and link frequencies
   >are supposed to be 222 MHz and above, so you could get cited for it,
   >althhough the odds are probably against it.  Still, I wouldn't try
   >it, myself.
I sure see a lot of people break this one these days.
"Uncle Charley" decides to get tough on enforcement in your
neck of the woods or any other woods where this is prevalent
and some folks would sure be unhappy.
IN fact a local club I belonged to down south violated this
one quite willingly.  AT the meeting when we were talking
about the new two meter repeater to replace existing unit
all the bells and whistles were discussed and I commented
that linking on 2 meters was contrary to the rules.  wEnt to
the meeting armed with the appropriate sections of the rules
printed out in braille so I could read them right from the
book, still we forged ahead with the plan as presented.

glad my name isn't on the club's license as trustee.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb,
Electric Spider Productions,
Eads Tn.