From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:35:31 -0500
Hi, I don't know if anyone's tried the Kenwood TM-271 or not, I wasn't going
to because of it not having much control on the front panel and a lot of
menu driven features but when my mobile showed signs of starting to give up
on me slightly, I looked at a friend's TM-271 and played with it some and
got mine in today. I programmed the hole thing myself, once you get help
programming a key to be enter though I did it myself so anyone wants to try
it feel free, I used the d button on the mic since it didn't make sense to
do what it did by default and the a b and C buttons did make sense, and once
I did that, if you don't mind counting clicks and listening to beeps, the
radio's simple to program and set up. I didn't even need a button
description so I'll make one up and send it to icanworkthisthing.com  but if
anyone's looking for a 2 meter radio only and not sure what to get, get it
and feel free to ask me anything if I can help I will. It will be my mobile
but now is in the house so I can make sure it's going to work very well for
me as I normally do and I really like it. I can't believe the receive sound
out of that small speaker, sounds like a Motorola commercial radio, the mic
feels like one, and the hole radio is smaller than anything I've seen, when
I get the credit cards down a little I might buy another one for backup for
here if I see them on sale or something. I'm very impressed!