Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 17:08:30 -0700
I have some friends living in an apartment complex.  Three hams in that
building are very active on 2 meters.  Several people in the building have
complained they are hearing them on channel 18 and I assume that is cable
channel eighteen.  they all cranked their radios down to 2.5 watts but the
building management has threatened to evict them if they transmit any
longer.  Yes, they have made all sorts of calls to the FCC and ARRL and
others.  Their 2 meter club has helped them out by putting up a 450 remote
base.  They gave them 450 handy talkies so they can transmit on 450 to the
remote base several blocks away at someone's house and back into the 2 meter
repeater.  So their problem is solved as far as that is concerned but I
would think the cable company would have some responsibility.  I am trying
to contact somebody here in Denver whose repeater was getting jammed by
channel 18 and they got the FCC involved and the cable company fixed it but
I just wondered if anybody had any ideas on this problem.

Phil.

K0NX
The Zenith Tube
www.RedWhiteAndBlue.org