Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:25:05 -0600
definitely the TS2000 or IC706/IC7000.
The ts2000 covers 160 through 70 Centimeters as well as the optional 1.2GHZ
amateur band.
It has a built in TNC and antenna tuner, making it a very compact packet
station as well as having the ability to tune quickly built antennas that
may not be precisely resonant.
It also has the added feature of 100 watts of output on VHF if desired.
Its memory capability is huge and its accessibility is excelent with the VS3
installed.

The IC706/IC7000  covers the same bands 160 through to 70 CM.
It has, i believe 50 watts output on VHF, and no built in antenna tuner or
TNC.
It is however, much smaller and more compact then the ts2000 which might be
a requirement if its going to be installed into a small work station.
The other major major difference between the ts2000 and ic 706/ic7000 is
that the ts2000 has the ability to monitor 2 bands at the same time with the
separate receivers.
So, you can listen to HF as well as VHF or UHF, or have VHF and UHF, VHF and
VHF or UHF and UHf simaltaniously.
Its a simple matter of a single button press and you can transmit on one or
the other bands.
the ts2000 also has cross band repeater capability which will allow cross
band comunications between HF/VHF, HF/UHF and VHF/UHF/UHF/VHF.

There is no radio on the market currently that has as many features built
into one box as the ts2000, for the relatively low price.
Also, the ts2000 has extremely good ratings for receiver sensativity and
dependability for all features and modes the radio can offer.
It doesn't, as has been the case in past years, sacrifice receiver
sensativity on one set of frequencies for added sensativity on other
frequencies.  THe HF side of the radio is second to none in its class, and
the VHF/UHF side is as good or better then any currently availible dual band
mobile radio.

The way i look at the ts2000 is you have all the features and great things
about the ts570, as well as all the great and wonderful things about the TM
D700, all packed into one radio.
not only that, it offers DSP functions and features that are normally only
found on the high end 4000 dollar plus rigs.

If you want/need any more info or user comments regarding the ts2000, there
are a few of us on this list who own the radio and who can give you some
further info.
73
Colin, V A6BKX