ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 23:34:12 -0700
I went up at about 2:30 this afternoon.  John and Vicki were both pretty
upset.  I just got home at about 11 PM from the hospital and they were
getting ready to put Vicki into a hospital room and remove her from the
emergency room.  She awakened this morning with sharp chest pains at about 4
o'clock and got up.  About 6 this morning, she start vomiting and continued
to do so all morning.  Over 30 times.  John called home and found out and
rushed home and got her to the hospital sometime between noon and 12:30 or
so.  By the time I left, they had stop giving her the IV but I would guess
they might restart that once she is settled in her own room.  She was much
better by 6 PM tonight and she was drifting in and out of sleep.  John and I
went to get something to eat once and took her dog home to feet him and then
left him with her parents who live next door.  Later they called, and said
that he was barking and watching the door.  John ran back home, they
probably are only 5 minutes from the hospital, and brought Rory back up to
the E R to be with her.  He was happy and Vicki was, too.  So, things were
settling down by the time I left.  I stayed with Vicki in the room when John
ran home to get Rory just in case they came in to move her to a room.  We
didn't want her to be alone if they moved her.  They believe it could be
something that is an infection in her intestines that may be caused by a
virus but it is not a blockage at the moment but what ever it is, is moving
slowly the doctor said.  She will be x-rayed again in the morning and if
that doesn't tell them what they want to know, they will do another cat
scan.  Plus, tomorrow was the day they had her scheduled to do a treadmill
test for her heart.  If she feels well enough, they will do that while she
is still in the hospital.  She certainly was one sick girl today so she
appreciates your prayers.

Phil.