ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2006 15:46:57 -0600
Vinny,

Near the end of that 18 month stay in western Colorado, the pastor felt the
Lord leading him to leave the church and start another mountain town church
about a hundred miles away.  The pastor wasn't very happy with me at that
period of time and I don't even remember why.  He didn't reccomend me as
their next pastor but told me he was positive they would call me.  Later, he
had a change of heart, wrote them a letter and recommended me, but it was
too late.  He was gone and the three men on the pulpit committee simply did
not believe a blind man could pastor a church.  We were starving to death
there anyhow so we put our home on the market, it sold, so we took it as a
sign and moved back to Denver where living expences were a little less
expensive.

Phil.