ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:18:49 -0600
From: "Barr Jenifer L" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "Gilley Jeremy W" <[log in to unmask]>;
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 6:57 AM

Phil.
Can you send this to the list for me please?

Hi all.

I must admit that I am greatly pained by this discussion.  There have
been so many times I have truly experienced the Power of God, a Miracle
He has done, or even His love.

We can't pick and chose what we believe.  If we believe that the Bible
is the infallible, all-inclusive, divine, word Of God, how can we pick
what we believe from it?  The Bible itself states that we should not add
or take away from the Word, or what is written.  Ok... if the Bible
tells me that, why should I go against what it is telling me and pick I
want to believe some parts but not all?

The Bible tells me that Jesus performs miracles.  Ok... so Jesus
performs miracles.  So what if He hasn't given me my sight, or done
something so miraculous I can't deny it?  Doesn't the Bible also say,
"Blessed are those that haven't seen but yet believe?"

Why should I ask someone who is dead to pray for me... when the Holy
Spirit is all I need?  What can they do that He can't  Nothing!  You
say... there prayers help.  How?  I'm sorry... but these people didn't
die to help you?  They're up there Praising God right now!  They're
worshiping Him... and that's all they're doing!  I know when I die... or
am raptured God willing... I'm going to be Praising Him for what He's
done for me!  He's the only one that can Save, Help, Heal, or perform a
miracle!    I'm sorry, but my father, my grandmother, and even my
daughter have better things to do then to pray for me.  I need no other
argument, no other plea: It's enough that Jesus Died, and that He died
for me!  I don't need prayers of Saints that have gone before... I need
Jesus!  It's all about Jesus!

As for the only believing only those in whom you trust?  What is faith
then?  Is it really that hard to think that God can orchestrate a phone
call to a child from a father?  Is it that hard to believe that He can
save a woman from being crushed by a falling tree?  Is it that hard to
believe that he give someone a vision about a possible girlfriend?  Is
it really that hard to believe that he can cast out demons?  No!  Why?
Because it's about faith!

You all know about my prayer-time just before my father died.  If I
didn't have Faith that this is what saved my father from hell... where
would I be?  When you're doubting My God, you're hurting Him.  You're
telling me that the dream I had involving my father and the rapture
isn't true.  I will rebuke this in the Name of Jesus!  Why?  Because My
God... my Jesus... answers my prayers... he answers yours too... if you
let him.  Why are we putting limits on the limitless?

I will pray for you, even if you don't want me too... or if you don't
think it would help.  I will pray for you because I know prayer is
power.  I know prayer works.  I know prayer is the key to everything I
believe!  Without prayer we have nothing... we are nothing.  And... I'll
pray directly to Jesus through the Comforter he left me... and you...
the Holy Spirit!